Is An Incubus Demon The Same As A Vampire?
Vampires and incubus demons are similar enough that some people think the legend of one has originated from the legend of the other. The difference between an incubus demon and a vampire is that a vampire is essentially a zombie-like human — not a demonic entity. A vampire is a dead human, an incubus is non-human.
5 Ways To Prevent Being A Victim Of An Incubus Demon: What To Do If You Are Attacked By An Incubus Demon
These strategies come from the Malleus Maleficarum (translation: Hammer of Witches), a German treatise on witchcraft from the 16th century.
1. Exorcism. Getting a priest to perform an exorcism is historically how someone would overcome being attacked by an incubus demon. (Though, in contrast to the Malleus Maleficarum, at least one Christian priest, Ludovico Maria Sinistrari, has argued that this would not work because incubus demon “do not obey exorcists, have no dread of exorcisms, show no reverence for holy things, at the approach of which they are not in the least overawed.”
2. Regular Confession. Attending confession with a priest regularly can prevent you from being a victim of any kind of spiritual warfare, including an incubus demon.
3. Making The Sign Of The Cross or saying A Hail Mary. Bless yourself by moving your hand from forehead to belly to heart to the right side of your chest while saying: “In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.” You can also say a Hail Mary asking for intercession in the situation:
“Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.”
4. Switching locations. Simply leaving a place where an incubus demon has previously visited you could be helpful.
5. Excommunicating The Incubus Demon. Similar to exorcism, but would be used in its place if the incubus demon was possessing the body of a human instead of possessing its own body.